SM - Change Request Approval Workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I'm brand new to Service Manager, so I'm still getting used to everything.

What I've been tasked with is creating a workflow in Service Manager that acts as an approval/notification.

I can see how to create notification templates, and apply those to the workflow configuration, but what I'm looking for is 1)a way to email individual user emails upon creating of a Change Request, and 2)perhaps have these emails set up to allow approval of the item.

When I currently set up the notification and workflow, I see that I can send emails to affected persons, assigned persons, etc.- but I don't know how to hard code the notification email to go to a specific email address. And the approval aspect is another story.

Sorry for the "explain it to me like I'm five" routine, but I could really use some direction to get me going here. 

I do have Orchestrator and the SM Authoring tool, but it'd be the same routine- I don't know enough about how these are configured to enable the things I spoke about above.

Thanks!!

Eliott

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 9:42 PM

Answers

• Hi Eliott,

Why don't you use a subscription? Just add a particular person to Recipient when setting up the notification. If you don't have such a user with the particular email address, just create it in Configuration Items pane and specify the required email address.

Cheers,
    Marat
    Site: www.scutils.com  Twitter: LinkedIn: Graveyard:

• Marked as answer by EliottR Wednesday, October 15, 2014 3:47 PM
    Wednesday, October 15, 2014 1:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Eliott,

Why don't you use a subscription? Just add a particular person to Recipient when setting up the notification. If you don't have such a user with the particular email address, just create it in Configuration Items pane and specify the required email address.

Cheers,
    Marat
    Site: www.scutils.com  Twitter: LinkedIn: Graveyard:

• Marked as answer by EliottR Wednesday, October 15, 2014 3:47 PM
    Wednesday, October 15, 2014 1:45 AM
  • Perfect. I think my issue was not realizing that every facet of the module is controlled by separate templates, and that the notification piece could be controlled by a subscription. Thank you, Marat!
    Wednesday, October 15, 2014 3:49 PM