A disk error, hit control alt delete RRS feed

• Question

• I had to buy a new hard drive and a new cd rom, after i installed it, I reinstalled windows. When windows XP finished it said a disk error, hit control alt delete. Can somebody please tell me whats wrong. Everytime I try and reboot this is what it says. When I reboot with the cd in, it will says windows is inspecting your computer for configurations, and then it just stops and dont do anything. I let it sit for a whole night and I didnt get nothing. Please help.
    Thursday, October 6, 2011 7:22 PM

All replies

• The hard drive might be bad. Go to the manufacturers website and download their hard drive testing tool. If it shows bad, return it for replacement from your place of purchase. Usually within 30 days. If it's been longer than that get an RMA from the manufacturer.
    Windows XP Post SP3 Updates
    • Edited by 10crackers Saturday, April 19, 2014 7:37 PM causing 404's
    Friday, October 7, 2011 1:09 PM
  • So I can download something even though windows is not on the computer. I can use my internet even though windows is not on the computer.

Carolyn McNeal
    Friday, October 7, 2011 1:27 PM
  • Use the computer you are using now.
    • Edited by 10crackers Saturday, April 19, 2014 7:37 PM causing 404's
    Friday, October 7, 2011 1:52 PM
  • I am at work now so I cant use this one, the computer I'm talking about is at my home. It want let me boot the sysytem, so how can i download anything on it? I dont understand that.

Carolyn McNeal
    Friday, October 7, 2011 2:31 PM
  • ???

You're obviously connected to the internet on your work computer so what is the problem? Put it on a thumb drive or floppy...whatever the requirements are.

• Edited by 10crackers Saturday, April 19, 2014 7:38 PM causing 404's
    Friday, October 7, 2011 2:47 PM