Update Restart Reminders RRS feed

• Question

• We are testing the user experience with update deployments but having a few problems with restart reminders.

When the deadline is reached, the update gets installed and the user is prompted about the restart, but this seems to be the last time they are reminded until the last 15 minutes.  We have a restart countdown of 6 hours.

Our client settings are set as follows :

Deployment deadline < 24 hours, remind user every = 1 hour

Deployment deadline < 1 hours, remind user every = 15 minutes

Display a temporary notification to the user that indicates the interval before the user is logged off = 360 mins

Display a dialog box that the user cannot close, which displays the countdown interval before he user is logged off = 15 mins

Am I missing something or is there a way that I can set it to remind the user every n mins/hours until the machine is restarted?

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 9:40 AM

Answers

• There isn't a setting to configure the reminder for restart prompts every x hours - only the ability to notify the user ONCE of a number of minutes before the machine will be restarted, and then one more time to display a countdown period.

My Personal Blog: http://madluka.wordpress.com

• Proposed as answer by Garth JonesMVP Sunday, February 15, 2015 11:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by Garth JonesMVP Saturday, November 14, 2015 4:17 PM
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 10:02 AM

All replies

• There isn't a setting to configure the reminder for restart prompts every x hours - only the ability to notify the user ONCE of a number of minutes before the machine will be restarted, and then one more time to display a countdown period.

My Personal Blog: http://madluka.wordpress.com

• Proposed as answer by Garth JonesMVP Sunday, February 15, 2015 11:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by Garth JonesMVP Saturday, November 14, 2015 4:17 PM
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 10:02 AM
  • Thanks for that. 

Do you know where the setting to warn the user once x minutes before?  I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks Again.

Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:59 AM