none
Mail Flow Redirect for Report Message Add-In

Question

• Hi Everyone,

I posted to the Outlook IT Professionals Technet as well about the issue I'm having, but I wanted to know from the Exchange Technet is there is anything that can be done to resolve my issue. Specifically on the Exchange Server.

My goal is to have an organization wide button in the Outlook Ribbon that when pressed will send that selected email to a phishing email address internal to the organization to tune our SEIM/Mail Rules and of course thwart phishing attempts. I figured I'd download the Microsoft Outlook Report Message Add-In and setup a mail rule to redirect any email bound for phish@office365.microsoft.com (and a few other abuse emails) to our internal phishing email address. The mail flow rule I made does not appear to work with the Report Message button in the Ribbon, but does work when an email is sent manually(i.e. creating a new email in Outlook) to phish@office365.microsoft.com.

What are the appropriate logs to look at to verify if an email is even being sent with the Report Message Add-in.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Friday, February 8, 2019 6:36 PM

All replies

• Hi itsnikko,

As far as I know, Exchange don't have a function like that. If you want to make your Exchange server more secure, I would suggest you deploy a hybrid environment with Exchange online, then switch incoming email flow from Exchange on-premises to Exchange online.

In the scene, Exchange online will help you intercept most spam messages and make your organization more secure.

>>What are the appropriate logs to look at to verify if an email is even being sent with the Report Message Add-in.

Message tracking logs could help you check mail flow for emails in your organization.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, February 11, 2019 5:47 AM
  • Thanks for your reply Kyle.

I appreciate the recommendation to move toward a hybrid environment.

I'll also be taking a look at the Message Tracking Logs to see if the Report Message add in has successfully sent any mail. Hopefully this'll pin down where the issue is.

Monday, February 11, 2019 5:55 PM
  • Hi itsnikko,

I am writing here to confirm with you how thing going now?

If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as an answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 8:18 AM