Adobe PDF files stop responding since I installed Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and since then have a lot of problems with Adobe PDF files.  The type in particular are PDF files that have "Fields" in them to complete.  I use these files a lot and Adobe stops responding and doesn't save files.
    Wednesday, March 9, 2016 9:40 PM

Answers

• Hi CC CO,

What is your current situation?

Windows 10 now after installing updates, some file associations might be changed to built-in apps, such as .MP3, .PDF and the others.

This has been reported to the feedback Tool.

So currently if you are encountering the same issue, please first take a try to re-configure the fils association through Settings->System->Default apps,

Or Control Panel->Programs->Default Programs

If not working for Adobe, then please check to see if any products update need to install, better contact their support.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 11, 2016 2:16 AM

All replies

• I shall suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Adobe application which is fully compatible with Windows 10. You may also try Foxit Reader.

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

• Proposed as answer by Michael_LS Thursday, March 17, 2016 9:53 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Michael_LS Thursday, March 17, 2016 9:53 AM
    Thursday, March 10, 2016 12:14 AM
  • Hello

adding to the above suggestion

you can use MS Edge ,Microsoft Edge is not only the default web browser in Windows 10 but also the default PDF reader. This is definitely a good thing as we can finally view PDF files without having to install third-party apps, but it’s more of a basic PDF reader

Regards, Regin Ravi

Thursday, March 10, 2016 4:05 AM
  • Hi CC CO,

What is your current situation?

Windows 10 now after installing updates, some file associations might be changed to built-in apps, such as .MP3, .PDF and the others.

This has been reported to the feedback Tool.

So currently if you are encountering the same issue, please first take a try to re-configure the fils association through Settings->System->Default apps,

Or Control Panel->Programs->Default Programs

If not working for Adobe, then please check to see if any products update need to install, better contact their support.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 11, 2016 2:16 AM