locked
Receiveing RST Packet errors RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have had Directaccess up and running for about a month. During this time I have been testing with a single laptop. I have connected from home, public wireless and tethering with my cell phone. All of these connections have been working great.

    So I decided to add a couple of computers and start testing with users. Once I added the additional computers, the next morning none of the computers could connect to directacess. I tried from home and tethering, no success. I turn on logging and I keep getting an RST Packet error and the connection has been abortively closed.

    I restart the server and everything seems to work again until the next day. I start to receive the errors again and I have to restart the server.

    Once I remove all computers but 1 from the DA-Clients group the errors go away and directaccess runs great.

    Very odd problem, so any suggestions are welcome.

    Thanks

    Thursday, September 16, 2010 1:58 PM

Answers

  • If by "adding", you mean that you have added computers to the AD group and applied the group policy to them, then it should by no means prevent the server from working. The only thing I can think of is performance related - it could be that your server is weak, and the multiple users suffocate it. Is your server up to the minimum hardware specs for UAG DA? (2.66 Ghz Dual-core CPU, 4 GB ram) if it's the bare minimum or close to it, try boosting the memory, as DA is quite resource-intensive.

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd903051.aspx

     


    Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS UAG/IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:07 PM
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:07 PM

All replies

  • If by "adding", you mean that you have added computers to the AD group and applied the group policy to them, then it should by no means prevent the server from working. The only thing I can think of is performance related - it could be that your server is weak, and the multiple users suffocate it. Is your server up to the minimum hardware specs for UAG DA? (2.66 Ghz Dual-core CPU, 4 GB ram) if it's the bare minimum or close to it, try boosting the memory, as DA is quite resource-intensive.

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd903051.aspx

     


    Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS UAG/IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:07 PM
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:07 PM
  • To be honest I never checked the performance, the server has never locked up or become unresponsive before. The server currently has 4 Gig of RAM. I'll extend the memory to 8 Gig and then add some users back to the group and see if that makes a difference.

    Thanks

    Thursday, September 23, 2010 7:31 PM
  • No dice, same problem as before. RAM never goes above 2 GB and the CPU is regularaly below 10%. I currently have 3 users in the DA group.
    Friday, October 1, 2010 3:10 PM
  • So the problem ended up being with my CRL distribution point. Clients had problems resolving the certificate since the crl dist was not working correctly. I created a portal to the CA where the crl's are published and the problem was solved.
    Tuesday, October 19, 2010 3:19 PM