Outlook 2016 Not Responding RRS feed

• Question

• We have Excahnge 2016 Hybrid, and my mailbox is in Office 365 cloud. I am using Outlook 2016 ( Part of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 64BIT) on Windows 10 system. 

Whenever new email comes, or when I try to open any email or switch folder access in outlook, outlook is taking long time with "Not responding" message and white screen.

I have checked outlook add-ins, but no slow add-ins.

Thanks in advance for your help

Tek-Nerd

• Moved by Perry-Pan Thursday, October 18, 2018 2:47 AM
    Wednesday, October 17, 2018 2:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What's the size of your OST file? If the data file is really large, Outlook will frequently freeze. Please manually archive your mailbox to see the results.

It could also be related with corrupted Outlook data files. We can refer to the details in this link to recreate a new OST file.

What's the detailed version of Outlook 2016? Please install the newest updates to see if it helps.

>>I have checked outlook add-ins, but no slow add-ins.

We can start Outlook in safe mode which is an effective way to eliminate whether the problem lies on any third party add-ins. Please exit Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook.exe /safe and then press Enter.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, October 22, 2018 7:04 AM
    Thursday, October 18, 2018 2:46 AM
  • Hi,

Just check if the information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, October 19, 2018 7:42 AM
  • Thank You Perry,

My OST file is only 179 MB, not big.

Running in Safe mode not impacted much, same 'no response' while opening new email or sending email.

Outlook version is: Outlook 2016 MSO(16.0.4738.1000) 64-bit

Tek-Nerd

Monday, October 22, 2018 2:22 PM
  • Hi Tek-Nerd,

Does this issue only happen to your client?

Do you have cached Exchange mode enabled? If not, please switch to cached Exchange mode to see if it helps.

In case there were something wrong with your personal settings, we can create a new Outlook profile to see the results.

If issue persists, I'd like to recommend you to use Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant (SaRA) to run tests to resolve problems. It can gather the Outlook profile configuration information that's helpful when you troubleshoot problems. For more details, please refer to this link.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 5:48 AM
  • Just check if the replies are helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 7:08 AM
  • Hi Perry,

I don't have any luck so far. When i run Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant for Office 365, it ended with error:

Office 365 SSL Cert Validation Failed.

Tek-Nerd

Monday, October 29, 2018 3:07 PM
  • Hi,

Does issue still continue in a new profile?

What if we test in a new Windows user account?

In case this issue was caused by software conflicts, please try performing a clean boot in Windows to check the result.

Regards,

Perry

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 9:38 AM