Missing Site Content Types and Site Columns RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm running Sharepoint Foundation 2010 on a Multi-Tier Server Farm. In one of my Site Collections all system Site Content Types and Site Columns disappeared. As I discovered that now I can't find out anymore when and why this happened. The Site Collection was created 1 year ago from scratch, no migration from previous Sharepoint versions. Also IISReset and application pool recycling carried out already.

Does anyone know a way how to restore the default Content Types and Site Columns in a Site Collection? Is there any way using Powershell to copy from another Site Collection? Would import/export of all website into a new Site Collection help?

Any hint is very much appreciated!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:23 AM

Answers

• If you have backup  then try with restore of content DB.

Also check if you have installed any custom feature or any code that caused this issue.

Avinash.Devkate

• Edited by Avinash Devkate Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Seven M Friday, March 2, 2012 3:08 AM
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:47 AM

All replies

• If you have backup  then try with restore of content DB.

Also check if you have installed any custom feature or any code that caused this issue.

Avinash.Devkate

• Edited by Avinash Devkate Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Seven M Friday, March 2, 2012 3:08 AM
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:47 AM
  • I have the same issue now. I can see the site columns and content types only on one site under a site collection but not on the others. This site collection has more than 40 sites. I have done the IIS Reset and also recycled the app pool but no luck. other than restoring the database from the backup are there any other options available to restore all the site content types and site columns on this site coll ? 

Please help.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 1:56 AM