none
couldnt uninstall internet explorer 8 RRS feed

• Question

• i couldnt uninstall it..i tried finding it in the updates.so i cant remove ie8 now but i wanted to install IE 11..could someone help me out
    Monday, January 25, 2016 6:52 AM

Answers

• Hi naveen,

Please know that we don’t need to remove IE 8 before installing IE11, we can just upgrade it.

As we know, If users agree to receive automatic upgrades to Internet Explorer, the latest version of the browser for OS will be installed by Windows Update when it's available. So, we needn’t to install IE 11 manually.

On the other hand, in fact, Internet Explorer is a Windows feature, user can't uninstall it, we could just turn it off.

In your scenario, I suggest to upgrade IE 11 from Microsoft official website, please check this link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/Internet-Explorer-11-for-Windows-7-details.aspx

Hope my suggestion can be helpful.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 9:46 AM

All replies

• Hi naveen,

Please know that we don’t need to remove IE 8 before installing IE11, we can just upgrade it.

As we know, If users agree to receive automatic upgrades to Internet Explorer, the latest version of the browser for OS will be installed by Windows Update when it's available. So, we needn’t to install IE 11 manually.

On the other hand, in fact, Internet Explorer is a Windows feature, user can't uninstall it, we could just turn it off.

In your scenario, I suggest to upgrade IE 11 from Microsoft official website, please check this link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/Internet-Explorer-11-for-Windows-7-details.aspx

Hope my suggestion can be helpful.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 9:46 AM
  • Hi,
    Would you mind letting me know the result of the suggestions? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Friday, February 5, 2016 3:39 AM