My PC is restarting itself like crazy! Repeats from 0.5 secs to 15 mins after reboot!! Tech experts, please help! RRS feed

• General discussion

• I've turned off automatic restart and garunteed that the PC isn't overheating. I'm using Windows 7 Home edition 64-bit., Radeon HD5750 video card, 4gb ram and a 620W PSU. My PC restarts without warning, no BSOD, and produces a weird ticking sound when it restarts.

What's most annoying is how frequently it happens! Sometimes it reboots so frequently it takes over 10 minutes for the Windows desktop to finally appear...then it restarts again. This letter has taken me 5 attempts to complete (the cause is obvious), help is very much appreciated...thanks so much guys!

Sunday, July 25, 2010 11:53 AM

All replies

• Visit the manufacturer site for your hard drive, download their bootable drive diagnostic utility, burn the cd, boot from it and quick test the hard drive.

I would back up anything you want to keep. It appears that the hard drive may be failing.

Disconnect from the internet and try a boot. The computer may be badly infected with malware.

Less catastrophic, check for motherboard drivers from the manufacturer.

Sunday, July 25, 2010 12:00 PM
  • Hi qamer100, please remove some hardware (memory card, VGA card, network card etc.), and clean

your fan of CPU than reboot pc to check if it is hardware problem. Then you should contact the

manufacture for support.  Anymore, you can check the voltage is stable or not. If the issue still appear,

try to scan virus of your computer and kill it. You can check the logs of event if any error is logged.

Right click “computer”-----Manage-----Computer Management-----system tools-----Event Viewer

Hope it works.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 5:18 AM
  • Hi gamer100,

How bout in Safe Mode? Try F8 > Safe Mode with Networking if you are using Ethernet to connect to Internet and you will have Internet access still. Try this and if it's working then it must be either non Microsoft program causing it or the Microsoft services.

Thank you

Freak05

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 5:57 AM