none
Guaranteed mail delivery RRS feed

• Question

• I need to build a bulk mailing solution with guaranteed mail delivery. I would like to use SNS as my platform, but I cannot find any way to get mail delivery notification back to SNS in a standard manner using SMTP.

Is there any way to do this using SNS out of the box, or should I build something myself. Perhaps there are 3rd party vendors that can supply this functionality via custom delivery channels that plug into SNS?

Please help.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 4:59 AM

All replies

• Can you elaborate on guaranteed mail delivery? Guaranteed to go to the SMTP server? Guaranteed that the SMTP sends it? Guaranteed that the email address is valid? Etc?

Thursday, March 15, 2007 5:28 PM
  • I would like as much guarantee as possible. It has happened in the past that under load we have managed to "flood" the SMTP queue and our mailing solution has fallen over. So, yes, firstly I would like to ensure that the SMTP queue is stable enough to handle the amount of mails we could send to it (largest possible batch could be aorund 10,000 mails with unique attachements of about 100k each). Is there perhaps any other type of way to send mails, other that SMTP? What does Outlook use?

Secondly, I would like to ensure that the mail was at least delivered to the intended recipient by means of a delivery notification. Obviously that would mean some way of tying up the sent mail in a seprate asynchronous process with the appropriate delivery notification.

I hope this makes sense.

Friday, March 16, 2007 5:06 AM
  • Hi Riaan,

I have similar requirements, please share your experience.

Thanks,

Navneet

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 5:58 AM
  • Any solutions?
         Can you share please?
    Thanks
    Monday, October 8, 2007 9:45 AM