MS Excel 2010: Double click to copy down a row, but what about across columns RRS feed

• Question

• CTRL+D Uses the Fill Down command to copy the contents and format of the topmost cell of a selected range into the cells below.

This will go down a single column, but from, for example, A1 - A10, but what if I wanted to copy across mulitple columns, for example, A1 - F1???

Basically how do I Fill Across?

Thursday, May 9, 2013 3:28 PM

Answers

• As far as I know there is no equivalent of double-clicking the fill handle for filling to the right.

Regards, Hans Vogelaar

• Marked as answer by Jaynet Zhang Monday, May 13, 2013 8:25 AM
    Thursday, May 9, 2013 4:37 PM

All replies

• Ctrl+R fills to the right.

Regards, Hans Vogelaar

Thursday, May 9, 2013 3:47 PM
  • I am not thinking clearly. I am wanting to fill across like the function where you double click and it goes down multiple rows. When a user double clicks the small little black box in the bottom-right corner it fills down in the selected row. Is there a way to fill across in this same manner?

The Ctrl + R function only allows the user to highlight all the rows needed.

I have over 1000 worksheets to fill across data on a monthly basis, so this would save time if I could figure out a function that worked the same way as filling down.

Thanks for the quick response HV :)

Thursday, May 9, 2013 4:18 PM
  • As far as I know there is no equivalent of double-clicking the fill handle for filling to the right.

Regards, Hans Vogelaar

• Marked as answer by Jaynet Zhang Monday, May 13, 2013 8:25 AM
    Thursday, May 9, 2013 4:37 PM