none
Cannot stop protection of group (SharePoint) RRS feed

• Question

• We have had to replace a faulty disk on our DPM-server.

Resulting in a lot of reconfiguring (stopping and recreating protection groups) :-(

When we try to 'stop protection of group' containing SharePoint we see this error message:

"Removing <xxxxxx>\SharePoint_Config failed:
    Error 31244: Error occurred while migrating data source  <xxxxxx>\SharePoint_Config.
    Check the DPM administration console for recovery point creation errors corresponding
    to this data source and follow the appropriate recommended action.
    If the errors occurred due to insufficient space on the recovery point volume, expand
    the recovery point volume or free up some space on the recovery point volume by deleting
    older recovery points.
    "

Can anyone help - please?

• Edited by TRoennow Monday, October 3, 2011 4:25 PM
    Monday, October 3, 2011 4:24 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This could be caused if the volume to this datasource is missing or corrupt. Try running:

"dpmsync -reallocatereplica"

from an administrative command prompt.

Thanks,

Marc

Monday, October 3, 2011 6:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This could be caused if the volume to this datasource is missing or corrupt. Try running:

"dpmsync -reallocatereplica"

from an administrative command prompt.

Thanks,

Marc

Monday, October 3, 2011 6:09 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks - that solved the problem :-)

Tuesday, October 4, 2011 7:33 AM
  • Hi,

I'm having the same problem as above and the command "dpmsync -reallocatereplica" does not fix the problem. Any other suggestions? I can't stop protection, modify the protection group, nothing. This happend after disk corruption occured and I had to delete (incl data) and recreate all my protection groups. The Sharepoint protection group is the only one having problems, all other groups deleted and recreated fine.

I just upgraded to DPM 2012 RTM on Windows Server 2008 R2 connected to an iSCSI SAN. I was running DPM 2010 before and the problem was already present in DPM 2010

• Proposed as answer by Hugo Westerlow Wednesday, August 8, 2012 6:12 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Hugo Westerlow Wednesday, August 8, 2012 6:12 PM
    Monday, July 30, 2012 1:34 PM
  • The command "dpmsync -reallocatereplica" did not help me so I decided to check in Disk Manager. I noticed there was 1 Volume showing up as "RAW" after I deleted this volume I could stop the protection and recreate a new Sharepoint Farm protection group. My problem is solved

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 6:15 PM