none
Test Workstation without any GPO

Question

• HI,

I need to test the application without any GPO or AV so this is in domain computers container but still root GPOs are applying?

So how do i test this app?  new OU and block inheritance ?

AS

Monday, December 08, 2014 5:09 AM

Answers

• Hi,

That would be an option to have a new OU and block inheritance at that level. On the antivirus part you could just disable it on the systems depending on the antivirus type you have there might a be a central management console so you can do this remotely for more than just one system, i don't think that block inheritance will help you with the antivirus.

Regards,

Calin

• Marked as answer by AUSSUPPORT Tuesday, December 09, 2014 10:15 PM
    Monday, December 08, 2014 12:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

That would be an option to have a new OU and block inheritance at that level. On the antivirus part you could just disable it on the systems depending on the antivirus type you have there might a be a central management console so you can do this remotely for more than just one system, i don't think that block inheritance will help you with the antivirus.

Regards,

Calin

• Marked as answer by AUSSUPPORT Tuesday, December 09, 2014 10:15 PM
    Monday, December 08, 2014 12:37 PM
  • hello  aussupport.

as for GPO concerns, I think it's best to create a new OU & set Block Inheritance on OU level.

If you don't wanna create a new OU or your policies are tight not to create OUs & stuff, you can exclude desired user/client from having policies applied on. you can go to Security tab of your GPOs & then click advanced, select your user/client & then select Deny on the Apply Policy setting.

regarding your AV concerns, it depends on your AV software. but best practice is to disable the AV software locally, though you can do this at console level also.

another approach would be not to disable your AV software & just exclude the parts where you don't want to be scanned.

also you can put your client in another group in you AV console, set a new policy for that group in order to stop the AV software on your client.

keep us informed please

this post is provided as is, with no warranties/guarantees

Monday, December 08, 2014 1:35 PM
  • Hi there,

You can try using this 3rd party software called killpol http://netport.org/?p=488

It allows you to temporarily disable all GPO's for the current user.

Monday, January 19, 2015 11:39 AM