none
Program stops in windows sleep mode - Windows 7

Question

• Hi,

My program is running overnight, but it seems to pause when windows goes into sleep mode.

I think it is compiled into a win32 application.

This does not happen in windows XP.  Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks

Saturday, October 09, 2010 12:36 PM

Answers

• My program is running overnight, but it seems to pause when windows goes into sleep mode.

You'll need to explain a bit more. If the OS sleeps, then your
    application will surely pause.

What precisely do you think is wrong?

Dave

Saturday, October 09, 2010 4:14 PM
  •  

Hi,

I think it's cause by some setting in Power Options. You can set Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings Put the computer to sleep to never. And in you windows XP machine I think it's a different rules from windows7.

Regards!

Jesse

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 3:46 AM

All replies

• My program is running overnight, but it seems to pause when windows goes into sleep mode.

You'll need to explain a bit more. If the OS sleeps, then your
    application will surely pause.

What precisely do you think is wrong?

Dave

Saturday, October 09, 2010 4:14 PM
  •  

Hi,

I think it's cause by some setting in Power Options. You can set Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings Put the computer to sleep to never. And in you windows XP machine I think it's a different rules from windows7.

Regards!

Jesse

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 3:46 AM