windows 8 june update ! RRS feed

• Question

• After I updated my windows 8 with june update, there was about 12 updates, my system restarted to a blank screen ad never get to the log in screen,  I left my laptop turned on for 6 hours and it remained with the blank screen, restarted couple of times still the same. I tried restoring my file through the diagnostic, and that worked, but the update and some of my last work had been gone. I searched the net a wile, I found the solution, but it need to get to the UEFI shell and that's where the problem is, I have no UEFI shell nor a Compatibility Support Module option known as CSM. So what I have to do ?

Thanks for any further help !

Monday, June 24, 2013 5:18 AM

Answers

• have you used an UXTheme patcher to use 3rd party themes? The IE update updates the uxtheme files. So you must restore the uxtheme fiels before installing the update. If you don't do tjis you get the blackscreen.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

• Proposed as answer by Arthur Xie Tuesday, June 25, 2013 8:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, July 4, 2013 8:59 AM
    Monday, June 24, 2013 7:27 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Try open Event Viewer and see if there is any event for the time that problem occurred.

Monday, June 24, 2013 9:43 AM
  • Well today I found out which update is the problem, it's the cumulative security update for internet explorer 10 KB2838727, I won't update it again just because I don't want to restore my settings for the 10th times, but my quest is how could I get to the UEFI user interface ? Although I really think I don't have it, just for another time when I'm stuck is such a situation and if I want to change settings...
    Monday, June 24, 2013 5:43 PM
  • have you used an UXTheme patcher to use 3rd party themes? The IE update updates the uxtheme files. So you must restore the uxtheme fiels before installing the update. If you don't do tjis you get the blackscreen.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

• Proposed as answer by Arthur Xie Tuesday, June 25, 2013 8:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, July 4, 2013 8:59 AM
    Monday, June 24, 2013 7:27 PM
    Answerer