none
Can't ping or RDP VPN clients

Question

• I have a 2012 r2 server running RRAS. Clients can use VPN and RDP and ping anything on the network but I am unable to ping or RDP to the VPN Clients. All firewalls are turned off on both side and still unable to ping a VPN client from the server.
    Monday, June 11, 2018 7:18 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your question.

Based on your specific situation, we need to collect more information about this issue.

1 May I know that can the VPN client ping the VPN server intranet interface? You can also try RDP to the VPN server by internal interface?

2 What did VPN client say when it ping others via VPN? Time out or general failure? Could you please drop me the ping result?

3 Please check that you use VPN server’s internal interface as the default gateway of other servers you want ping and RDP.

4 Did the VPN clients use intranet DHCP or static VPN pool as the configuration on the RRAS server that  the following figure shows? Please check the setting VPN server > IPv4 > properties on RRAS MMC.

Hope this helps. If you have any question and concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Michael

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 5:24 AM
  • Hi,

How are things gong on? Was your issue resolved?

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best regards,

Michael

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 3:22 PM
  • Hi ,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Michael

Monday, June 18, 2018 2:40 PM