Windows update Stand Alone installer - Stuck RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am trying to install windows 8.1 security update windows8.1-kb4012216-x64.

I have downloaded it on my PC and trying to install but it is more than hour now it not preceding further it is saying "Searching Updates on this computer" 

can some one please help me here, as I followed instructions on various online post but no help.

-Atul

TheAtulA

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 2:57 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please try to download KB 4012216 from below link:
    http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4012216

Re-start Windows 8.1 in clean boot(with 3rd party process disabled) and confirm the result. 

Besides, as it is a download stand along update installation, you may try to disable/stop Windows Update service on the client manually:
    Open Run, type “services.msc” and end with enter. Find Windows Update, manually stop this service. 

Ten, try to click the update installation file and have an installation to check the result.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 7:26 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue. Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, June 3, 2017 7:49 AM