MSIS7065: No registered protocol handlers after server upgrade. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

I had ADFS running in a 2016 server environment.  I have upgraded the server to 2019, and now I get the above error message.  There are no errors in the ADFS Event logs (other than the MSIS7065) and as far as I can see, everything is configured correctly.

When I navigate to the idpinitiatedsignon.aspx page, this error is also displayed.

I can view the equivalent federationserverservice.asmx and xml pages fine and EnableIdpInitiatedSignonPage : True

Does anyone have an idea on 1)  what is meant by protocol handler and 2) a good way to diagnose the issue?

Regards.

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 3:36 AM

All replies

• Hello Andy,

I have ADFS with 2012 R2 as well, and using gMSA. spn settings are fine.. but were having this error.

only after i realized that i forwarded the traffic from WWW to the ADFS server and not to the Web Application Proxy server the errors stopped.

So once the traffic hits the WAP first no more errors on the ADFS server itself.

Regards, 
    Abhishek Sachdeva

Please use Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 3:40 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I am not using WAP  - this is just a basic installation.  The WAP status is set to Not Configured.

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 3:50 AM