Can not access console RRS feed

• Question

•  

Just recently I was able to connect without issue to the console on my SCE server but all of a sudden today I got this error message.

Date: 3/14/2008 2:15:55 PM
    Application: System Center Essentials
    Application Version: 6.0.1251.0
    Severity: Error
    Message: Error connecting to Update server 'HQVM-SCE07.xxx.xxx'

System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 403: Forbidden.
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration.AdminProxy.CreateUpdateServer(Object[] args)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration.AdminProxy.GetUpdateServer()
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.SCE.Internal.UI.Console.UpdateServerService.Connect(String serverName, Boolean connectSecurely, Int32 socketNumber)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.SCE.Internal.UI.Console.UpdateServerService.Connect(String serverName)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.SCE.Internal.UI.Console.EssentialsConsoleWindow.ConnectToManagementGroupJob(Object sender, ConsoleJobEventArgs args)

I'm not real sure what I did to cause this but it's completely out of the blue.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

Friday, March 14, 2008 6:29 PM

Answers

•  

Hi Robin,

We ended up restoring the computer from a backup, we were encountering so many other problems.  I appreciate the time and effort that you put in to try and help with this issue.

Thanks,

Mike

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 2:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Mike,

Can you remember what changes you have done to the SCE server? Have you installed SCE SP1 recently?

If not sure, let's first check if the "Require secure channel (SSL)" and "Require 128-bit encryption" is enabled on the Server node of the IIS "Default Web site" and "WSUS Administration" configuration. If so, please disabled them two in IIS Manager temporarily and check the issue again.

Then, open "AD User and Computers" console, add the AD user that you are using to open the remote SCE 2007 console is in the local WSUS Administrator's User group on the SCE 2007 server.

If it persists, please check Event Viewer to see if there is any error messages regarding this error. If any, please post it here.

Thanks and Regards.

Monday, March 17, 2008 9:29 AM
  • Hi Robbin,

Thanks for getting back to me.   I haven't installed SP2, the options that you had me check in regards to security were unchecked and the account I'm using is in the group mentioned.  I went through the event viewer and there are some errors concerning the Windows Server Update service not working.   But that is all, no other errors reported.

Thanks,

Mike

Monday, March 17, 2008 3:27 PM
  • Hi Mike,

Where did you get this error message then? From the SCE server or from your client when trying to open console to connect to your SCE server?

If it occured on client, did this issue happen to other clients with SCE console installed?

Please also send the System Event log files on the problematic clients to me for further troubleshooting. To do so, please follow the steps below.

Even log

============

1.  Click Start and choose Run. Then input: "eventvwr" (without the quotation marks) and then Click OK.

2.  Right click Application Log and choose Save Log file As...  Save the log file as app.evt.

3.  Right click System Log and choose Save Log file As...  Save the log file as sys.evt.

4.  Right click Operation Mangers and choose Save Log file As...  Save the log file as omgr.evt.

5.  Please send the files to SCEDATA@microsoft.com   and include the following text.

Tiele: Can not access console

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3007199&SiteID=17

Robbin Meng – MSFT

Thanks and Regards.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 8:08 AM
  •  

Hi Robin,

We ended up restoring the computer from a backup, we were encountering so many other problems.  I appreciate the time and effort that you put in to try and help with this issue.

Thanks,

Mike

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 2:14 PM
  • Hi Mike,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Though we were not able to fully resolve the issue at Microsoft Online Support Services, I hope you are still pleased with our services. If there is anything we could have done better, please feel free to put forward your feedback to me.  Suggestions and ideas about how we can improve our service level are always welcome.

Thanks and Regards.

Thursday, March 20, 2008 3:04 AM