Import Management Pack Error for Systems Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am running operations manager 2012 r2 on a MS 2012 r2 Server. I have downloaded the following MP, Microsoft System Center Operations Manager Management Pack for Windows Server Storage Spaces 2012 R2. When i try to import this MP into SCOM i get the following message.

'The dependencies for the management pack cannot be located. To see the list of missing dependencies click the Error  in the Status column.'

When i checked the error ,  i see the following error

'Microsoft System Center Storage Spaces Monitoring MP cannot be imported becasue dependent management packs are missing. To remove the management pack from the Import list click Remove.'

3 Packs are listed;

Microsoft.SystemCenter.VirtualMachineManager.PRO.V2.Library ver 3.2.7523.0

Microsoft.SystemCenter.VirtualMachineManager.Storage.2012.Discovery ver 7.1.10126.0

Microsoft.SystemCenter.VirtualMachineManager.Storage.Library ver 7.1.10126.0.

I've looked for these online but have not been able to find them, can anyone help?

Thanks

Friday, March 4, 2016 1:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

you'll have to install and configure the SCOM connector for VMM as per:

Configuring Operations Manager Integration with VMM

How to Connect VMM with Operations Manager

"Import the following management packs from the ‘\\<Operations Manager installation>\ManagementPacks’ folder:

• Microsoft.SystemCenter.VirtualMachineManager.Storage.Library

• Microsoft.SystemCenter.VirtualMachineManager.Storage.2012.Discovery.mp

• Microsoft.SystemCenter.VirtualMachineManager.Storage.2012.Monitoring.mp

• Microsoft.SystemCenter.VirtualMachineManager.Storage.Dashboard.mpb"

Please refer to the following blog post for more information:

System Center Operations Manager Management Pack for Windows Server Storage Spaces

This should help you further. Regards,

Stoyan (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!)

• Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Saturday, March 26, 2016 5:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by Elton_Ji Sunday, March 27, 2016 2:58 PM
    Friday, March 4, 2016 2:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

you'll have to install and configure the SCOM connector for VMM as per:

Configuring Operations Manager Integration with VMM

How to Connect VMM with Operations Manager

"Import the following management packs from the ‘\\<Operations Manager installation>\ManagementPacks’ folder:

• Microsoft.SystemCenter.VirtualMachineManager.Storage.Library

• Microsoft.SystemCenter.VirtualMachineManager.Storage.2012.Discovery.mp

• Microsoft.SystemCenter.VirtualMachineManager.Storage.2012.Monitoring.mp

• Microsoft.SystemCenter.VirtualMachineManager.Storage.Dashboard.mpb"

Please refer to the following blog post for more information:

System Center Operations Manager Management Pack for Windows Server Storage Spaces

This should help you further. Regards,

Stoyan (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!)

• Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Saturday, March 26, 2016 5:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by Elton_Ji Sunday, March 27, 2016 2:58 PM
    Friday, March 4, 2016 2:10 PM
  • Following the procedure, it install

Microsoft.SystemCenter.VirtualMachineManager.Storage.2012.Discovery ver 7.1.10226.0

Microsoft.SystemCenter.VirtualMachineManager.Storage.Library ver 7.1.10226.0.

So storage space MP is too old for VMM R2...  Can it just be updated to the current version?

I have the same issue by the way...
    • Edited by CrazyCB Monday, March 7, 2016 8:16 PM
    Monday, March 7, 2016 8:15 PM
  • Hi,

Many thanks for your reply, it was very helpful.  I've now managed to add in these management packs. 

However, i am struggling to work out how to get them to report on the storage we have connected. 

Ideally i would like to be able to view the status of the disks, physical and virtual and on the shares that have been created. I have looked through the monitornig options but can't work out where i can find this information. Any advice or links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 7:18 AM
  • Hey,

could you please start a new thread with the respective category, so that you get the Attention needed :)

This one is already marked as "Answered" and will not appear as result if a filter is used.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 8:04 AM