Automatic logon of a specific user RRS feed

• Question

• I used to know how to do this, but have totally forgotten how.  Could someone jog my memory as to the process of doing this?  I need to know for both Win7 and Vista HP.  A senior moment?

Bill

Thursday, September 16, 2010 8:48 PM

Answers

• What if you follow this litte guide: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windowsvista/ht/autologonvista.htm ?
    Blogging about Windows for IT pros at www.theexperienceblog.com
    • Marked as answer by Hiballer Tuesday, September 21, 2010 4:01 PM
    Monday, September 20, 2010 7:20 PM
  • Ah.  That was it.  I knew there was a little checkbox somewhere but I couldn't find it.  Thanks very much for that, Andreas.

Bill

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 4:01 PM

All replies

• Press Win-key + R and then enter "control userpasswords2" (without quotation signs) followed by Enter.
    Saturday, September 18, 2010 6:18 PM
  • Sorry, Andreas.  Nothing there at all concerning user log in.  For advanced issues I am told that "Windows Vista Home Premium cannot use the plugin". I can change a password, or change my user group, but nothing there addresses whether or not the particular user can be automatically logged in - unless it is that snapin I can't run.

Any other suggestions?

Bill

Sunday, September 19, 2010 3:25 PM
  • What if you follow this litte guide: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windowsvista/ht/autologonvista.htm ?
    Monday, September 20, 2010 7:20 PM
  • Ah.  That was it.  I knew there was a little checkbox somewhere but I couldn't find it.  Thanks very much for that, Andreas.

Bill

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 4:01 PM