Windows Live Messenger unable to launch RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting the following error message when trying to open Live Mail and Messenger 

"C:\Program Files\Windows Live\MEssenger\msnmsgr.exe

The application has failed to start beacuse the side-by-side configuration is incorrect.  Please see the application event log for more detail."

I have uninstall amd install "windows live essential 2011" but still it does not work.

Please help me to fix this issue.

Saturday, May 28, 2011 2:03 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please try this method :
    Start button > search box, type regedit > pressEnter key > (uac prompt) > expand (click the pointer in front of )HKET_CURRENT_USER > expandSoftware > expandMicrosoft > expand MSNMessenger > expand PerPassportSettings > under PerPassportSettings, find 2 folders with a series of numbers > delete both folders including their sub-files > Exit regedit window.
    Restart messenger.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 7:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please try this method :
    Start button > search box, type regedit > pressEnter key > (uac prompt) > expand (click the pointer in front of )HKET_CURRENT_USER > expandSoftware > expandMicrosoft > expand MSNMessenger > expand PerPassportSettings > under PerPassportSettings, find 2 folders with a series of numbers > delete both folders including their sub-files > Exit regedit window.
    Restart messenger.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 7:29 AM
  • No this did not work - I have uninstalled and re-installed Windows Live three times.  (including all sub-directories) I have also un-installed Microsoft Visual C++ and re-installed this
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 10:15 AM