none
How to now my product key using product id :00326-10000-00000-AA870( Product key not available) RRS feed

• General discussion

• problem is when I was buy a dell laptop that have come with preloaded os (windows 8 )I have available product id but product key not available. now my head drive damaged. Now how to load window 8 OS use previous product key.

How to now my product key using product id :00326-10000-00000-AA870

One time I was replace motherboard on that  laptop on warrienty periode. that time they give me a window product key with seal pack. now when I will go to load window 8 useing that product key my laptop has not accepet that product key

pls solve inform me how to load os on my laptop

Friday, October 21, 2016 11:45 AM

All replies

• Where is the Windows 8 or Windows 10 Product Key?

Factory-installed Windows 8 and Windows 10 computers differ from previous versions of Windows. Previously, the Product Key for Windows was attached as a label on the computer so that, in the event that the computer required reinstallation, the key could be referenced for activation.

For Windows 8 and Windows 10, the Product Key is "injected" onto the computer motherboard at the factory, and the installation and activation processes refer to the BIOS of the computer to verify authenticity and activate Windows. No Windows Product Key is otherwise provided or needed by the customer.

Ref:

http://www.dell.com/support/article/in/en/inbsdt1/SLN290004

S.Sengupta, Windows Insider MVP

Friday, October 21, 2016 11:57 PM