Password Change on RD Gateway RRS feed

• Question

• I have a RD Gateway running 2016 R2 in DMZ which is a standalone system (workgroup). I have set PasswordChangeEnabled in IIS. It prompts me to change the password when I login for the first time but password change does not succeed. Is it not possbile on a standalone RD Gateway? How can I resolve this?
    • Edited by avilt Thursday, December 28, 2017 6:49 PM update
    Thursday, December 28, 2017 6:49 PM

Answers

• Hi,

There is no built-in method that I am aware of to achieve that.

Is it possible to join the RD Gateway to domain? That would make things a lot easier. Is there any concern regarding joining RD Gateway to domain?

I would suggest you take a look at RDS Modern Infrastructure (RDmi), with which RDS roles such as Web Access, Broker and Gateway don't need to be domain-joined.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMlb2W6kqRY&feature=youtu.be

Best Regards,

Amy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Amy Wang_ Friday, December 29, 2017 10:58 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Amy Wang_ Monday, January 8, 2018 2:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by avilt Monday, January 8, 2018 5:32 PM
    Friday, December 29, 2017 10:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As RD Gateway is not domain-joined, domain users cannot change passwords via the Gateway server.

Please change password on RD Web page where RD Web Access server is domain-joined, or via Outlook Web Access if configured.

Best Regards,

Amy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Amy Wang_ Friday, December 29, 2017 3:37 AM
    Friday, December 29, 2017 3:37 AM
  • I am not referring to domain users. I need a feature to change the password for local users on RD Gateway itself when they access the portal as https://rdgateway/rdweb

My RD Gateway is stiing in DMZ as a workgroup member.

Friday, December 29, 2017 5:05 AM
  • Hi,

There is no built-in method that I am aware of to achieve that.

Is it possible to join the RD Gateway to domain? That would make things a lot easier. Is there any concern regarding joining RD Gateway to domain?

I would suggest you take a look at RDS Modern Infrastructure (RDmi), with which RDS roles such as Web Access, Broker and Gateway don't need to be domain-joined.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMlb2W6kqRY&feature=youtu.be

Best Regards,

Amy

• Edited by Amy Wang_ Friday, December 29, 2017 10:58 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Amy Wang_ Monday, January 8, 2018 2:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by avilt Monday, January 8, 2018 5:32 PM
    Friday, December 29, 2017 10:51 AM
  • Thank you

Unfortunately my org policy forbids DMZ systems to be part of the domain.

Friday, December 29, 2017 4:16 PM
  • Hi,

You are welcome, you may seek whether third party tool or scripting could help achieve your goal.

Best Regards,

Amy

Monday, January 1, 2018 5:34 AM