none
Data in custom fields got deleted in Project Online RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    My team uses a Project file in Project Online with ten custom fields (local).

    Yesterday all of a sudden all the data in all those fields became blank, for no reason. (the custom fields still exist, only the data is blank)

    Is anyone familiar with this situation and can tell what caused it and how to fix?

    Thank you all!

    Shay



    • Edited by Shaybn Wednesday, July 4, 2018 6:47 AM
    Wednesday, July 4, 2018 6:41 AM

Answers

  • Hi,

    We realized that this problem was caused by an updated cache file on one of the users laptop. We solved it by going to all the users and clearing their Project cache:

    Options -> Save->Cleanup cache-> removing all the files.


    • Marked as answer by Shaybn Sunday, October 28, 2018 1:36 PM
    Sunday, October 28, 2018 1:36 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    I've never see this issue, but it is more likely that a user deleted by mistake the values.


    Hope this helps,


    Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

    Wednesday, July 4, 2018 7:16 AM
    Moderator
  • Hi Guillaume,

    Thanks for your reply.

    It seems weird that one of the users will access each of the fields and delete their content one by one..

    Is there a method that perform this kind of operation that someone might clicked? (erase all custom data button or something like that?)

    Wednesday, July 4, 2018 7:27 AM
  • Not that I'm aware of.

    Maybe be a bug...


    Hope this helps,


    Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

    Wednesday, July 4, 2018 7:31 AM
    Moderator
  • Hi There,

    I have the same issue and it is happened third time. Nobody has permission to delete all the 20 custom fields data on web. 

    Also, I can see the data when I opened the plan via project desktop app. But I cannot see the data on web interface. And only way to solving it is to delete all the data on desktop save and again paste data and save again. 

    It will takes hours... If you have any solutions please share.

    Best regards,

    Ozay 

    Tuesday, October 23, 2018 1:18 PM
  • Hi,

    We realized that this problem was caused by an updated cache file on one of the users laptop. We solved it by going to all the users and clearing their Project cache:

    Options -> Save->Cleanup cache-> removing all the files.


    • Marked as answer by Shaybn Sunday, October 28, 2018 1:36 PM
    Sunday, October 28, 2018 1:36 PM