none
Unable to drag data in resource plan when there is one resource RRS feed

• Question

• BSM Bug - When there is one resource in resource plan , line managers cannot drag data from one cell to another, (it works with more than one resource)

(Drag the bottom-right corner of a cell to repeat data to other cells)

Repro:-

1-      Open any project in PWA (QA or Production)

2-      Go to Project tab > Project Permissions

3-      Build Team

4-      Add one resource > save and close

5-      Add data in one of the fields then try to drag it to other cells

Results:-

Data cannot be dragged if there is only one resource.

If there are more than one resource

i have tested this in two environments getting same results  ,

Anyone here can test this for me in project server 2010 ?

Do you think this is a BUG

Karim El Zarka, MCTS Sharepoint 2010 , MCITP SharePoint Administrator 2010 Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer

Friday, June 26, 2015 11:42 AM

Answers

• Hello, 

I have opened a premier ticket with Microsoft and have received the following back in November 2015 

Case summary is below;

ACTION:

Assume that you have a single resource in a resource plan. You then wish to add timephased data for that resource.

RESULT:

In this scenario, the fill handle is not present so data cannot be simply dragged/autofilled.

If >1 resources are present in the resource plan then the fill handle appears.

CAUSE:

This is a limitation/bug in Microsoft Project Server 2013.

RESOLUTION:

A fix request was made but was rejected by the product group

Karim El Zarka, MCTS Sharepoint 2010 , MCITP SharePoint Administrator 2010 Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer

• Marked as answer by Karim El Zarka Thursday, September 7, 2017 9:17 AM
    Thursday, September 7, 2017 9:17 AM

All replies

• With only one resource i'm not able to Drag the bottom-right corner of a cell to repeat data to other cells

\

With more than one Resource, i'm able to Drag the bottom-right corner of a cell to repeat data to other cells

Friday, June 26, 2015 11:43 AM
  • Hello, 

I have opened a premier ticket with Microsoft and have received the following back in November 2015 

Case summary is below;

ACTION:

Assume that you have a single resource in a resource plan. You then wish to add timephased data for that resource.

RESULT:

In this scenario, the fill handle is not present so data cannot be simply dragged/autofilled.

If >1 resources are present in the resource plan then the fill handle appears.

CAUSE:

This is a limitation/bug in Microsoft Project Server 2013.

RESOLUTION:

A fix request was made but was rejected by the product group

• Marked as answer by Karim El Zarka Thursday, September 7, 2017 9:17 AM
    Thursday, September 7, 2017 9:17 AM