Site Column from a Specific Content Type is not shown up in NewItemForm.aspx RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There!

From last couple of weeks, we are experiencing a strange situation wherein a sharepoint checkbox field belonging to a specific content type is not visible when adding new item. We did a lot of research on it, tried to setup field properties like "ShowInNewForm", but still no luck so far! :(

There are other content types hooked up with this document library and the same field is included in these content types. But there is no problem in visibility of this field when adding items of these content types. This is really strange that only one Content Type is being affected ! This Site Content Type shows that it includes this checkbox field but doesn't show up in NewItemForm.aspx and shows in other forms like EditForm, ViewForm, DispForm.

All this bunch of site columns and site content types are deployed through feature. And we started looking observing this issue since we've migrated from MOSS 2007 to SharePoint 2010 !

Can anyone please provide me useful pointers towards solving this ?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Vishwajit

Saturday, November 19, 2011 11:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Open the new form in sharepoint designer and then replace the existing list form webpart with the custom list form and then try again.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Saturday, November 19, 2011 2:25 PM
  • Hi!

Thanks for your reply!

When I browsed my document library in SharePoint Designer, first of all the new form wasn't there! So, I've added a new form attached to this problematic content type and then while trying to add custom list form, I observed that the option "New item form (used to add new items to the list)" is simply grayed out.

Can you please comment on this scenario ?

Thanks,

Vishwajit

Monday, November 21, 2011 12:59 PM