Pulling Change Request Data into Review Activity Notification RRS feed

• Question

• I followed the blog post here to create a notification for Review Activities that contains the information in the related Change Request.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2012/04/03/using-data-properties-from-the-parent-work-items-in-activity-email-templates.aspx

Below is my template body, but the Change Request information is not pulling into the email. Did I do something wrong?

<b>Priority:</b> $Context/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Activity_Library!System.WorkItem.Activity']/Priority$<br>
    <b>ID:</b> $Context/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Id$<br>
    <b>Title:</b> $Context/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Title$<br>
    <b>Description:</b> $Context/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Description$<br>
    <br>
    <b>Related to Change Request</b><br>
    <br>
    <b>ID:</b> $Context/Path[Relationship='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Activity_Library!System.WorkItemContainsActivity' SeedRole=’Target’ TypeConstraint='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Id$<br>
    <b>Title:</b> $Context/Path[Relationship='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Activity_Library!System.WorkItemContainsActivity' SeedRole=’Target’ TypeConstraint='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Title$<br>
    <b>Description:</b> $Context/Path[Relationship='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Activity_Library!System.WorkItemContainsActivity' SeedRole=’Target’ TypeConstraint='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Description$<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <b><a href="mailto:email@here.com?subject=[$Context/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Id$]&body=[Approved]">Approve</a>
    <br>
    <br>
    <a href="mailto:email@here.com?subject=[$Context/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Id$]&body=[Rejected]">Reject</a></b>

• Edited by AudreyPaige Friday, December 7, 2012 2:37 PM
    Friday, December 7, 2012 2:35 PM

All replies

• did you copy and paste the Context values?

If so, that will not work.

If you did not copy, I would just double check the "inserted values"

You can also look at the Exchange Connector which allows for "Native" Approval and Rejection of Review Activities.

Regards,

F.

As long as you learn something new every day, the day is not wasted.

Friday, December 7, 2012 7:25 PM
  • Hi,

I hope this works

$Context/Path[Relationship='CoreActivity!System.WorkItemContainsActivity' SeedRole='Target' TypeConstraint='WorkItem!System.WorkItem']/Property[Type='WorkItem!System.WorkItem']/Id$
    Servis Talebi: $Context/Path[Relationship='CoreActivity!System.WorkItemContainsActivity' SeedRole='Target' TypeConstraint='WorkItem!System.WorkItem']/Property[Type='WorkItem!System.WorkItem']/Title$
    Servis Talebi Bilgileri: $Context/Path[Relationship='CoreActivity!System.WorkItemContainsActivity' SeedRole='Target' TypeConstraint='WorkItem!System.WorkItem']/Property[Type='WorkItem!System.WorkItem']/Description$

Friday, December 21, 2012 3:37 PM