none
Local Group Policy for public computers RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I work for a public entity and I need to find a way to lock down our publicly used computers.

We have a computer in the Human Resources Department that citizens use to apply for jobs. This computer is not on the domain. 

Is there a local group policy template that I can download and install onto this PC? I don't really want to nitpick and go through every single policy setting. The PC is running Windows 10 Enterprise edition.

Thanks,

Friday, June 15, 2018 3:06 PM

All replies

• What’s your meaning for lock down our publicly used computers?

If you don’t want citizens to change the setting on computers, just provide a standard user account for them.

If you just want citizens use the specific program(job hunting software), a GPO called Run only specified Windows Applications can meet your demand.

Navigate to User Configuration > Administrative Templates > System

Enabled Run only specified Windows Applications on the right side, to set the allowed applications, click Show from under Options. Now click  right next to the star (*) under Value and enter the name of the applications which you want to run.

This setting will limit the Windows programs that users have permission to run on the computer. If you enable this setting, users can only run programs that you add to the List of Allowed Applications.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 7:45 AM
  • Would you mind letting me know the update of the problem? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 22, 2018 9:32 AM