SFB users Migration from company A --> company B RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Friends, 

My scenario  --> Company A -> Users are hosted in skype for business pools. 

Company B acquired few divisions from company A--> Company B Registered new SIP domain, build-ed skype environment, Load balancer, firewall and ready to migrate users from company A to company B.

Please provide what ways i move users from company A to Company B with all their existing skype conferencing.

Regards,

vivin

vivin

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 3:19 PM

All replies

• Hi vivin,

Is there any relationship between the domains of company A and B, different forests or others?

In my experience, there is no official way to migrate Skype users between two different forests.

If they are in one forest, please refer to this article about move users to another domain:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/31264.lync-20102013-migration-to-another-domain.aspx

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Shaw_Lu Friday, June 28, 2019 2:04 AM
    Wednesday, June 26, 2019 6:53 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 6:37 AM
  • Hello Shaw, 

Is there any relationship between the domains of company A and B, different forests or others? They are different forest, domains and we create authoritative domain b/w company A and Company B. 

So we can't migrate existing conferencing directories b/w 2 different forest.

Regards,

Vivin

vivin

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 2:42 PM