To Web Master of Technet, A Link to Answered Threads RRS feed

• Question

•  

How about a link to the answer of each Thread, and or Post.

Some of the Threads have many pages and individual posts. We could use a link to the specific answer of that thread and/or post, so you do not have to spend alot of time finding it and sometimes you cannot tell which post is the Answer.

Respectfully Submitted

Thanks and Blessings

Don W. Boulton II

Sunday, July 20, 2008 11:55 AM

All replies

•  

Hi Don,

That would be a great thing except sometimes such long threads have multiple answers/suggestions from different users and fortunately/unfortunately, I think one loses perspective of the conversation when you read just the answer when the poster might have updated the thread the results of other troubleshooting tests. Good suggestion though. Would be a good thing for the moderators to ponder about .

Monday, July 21, 2008 3:29 PM
  • Ok! But it seems to me some are here to chit chat, show off and post for ego. What is the real purpose for this Forum? I would like to be assured that it is to answer computer user’s questions and some discussions of the questions and answers, for the best solutions.

Some Posts have dozens of pages and to find what a moderator or anyone thinks is the best answer to any question is frustrating. If you are not real computer savvy, then sometimes the best answer is hidden in over posting on the subject, or you just get frustrated going from page to page trying to figure it out. I do realize this could be quite a burden on the moderators so maybe a voting system accessible to all would be a good idea. Or the ones whom do a certain number of posts, and/or answers to posts then “could decide”.

A good example is the post on

calculating time remaining moving, deleteing, copying files verry...

rianb in Windows Vista Desktop UI

45 page and 667 posts = where is the answer, "it says answered", but according to tech  Microsoft Vista help desk & support some of their Vista Ultimate boxes have the same problem so they do not have an answer. Would you not think

someone would have changed that in and at Microsoft ,if there truly was an answer? This is a major issue for anyone whom has VISTA.

Respectfully Submitted

Good Day and Blessings

Don W. Boulton II

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 11:10 AM