PmServer.GlobalServer.GetFilterDisplayData error loading data for two custom filters on one dashboard page RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I am using Performance Point custom filter using the performance point SDK sample. file named, Pps2010RefSample. The custom Data Source control in SDK uses a .Net webservice to load data and bind the data with custom performance point filter control which is binded to two seperate instances of custom perforamnce point data source. I am using Dashboard Designer to map custom filter with the custom data source.  
    The problem is occuring when I use two instances of custom Performance Point filter control on one Dashboard page and when the Dashboard page loads it fails loading data for both the custom filter controls instead it sometime loads data for one filter and then sometime it loads data for another filter instance. Both the filters cannot load data from custom data source correctly. I debugged the issue and found that the Render method is calling 
    PmServer.GlobalServer.GetFilterDisplayData to load treeDataTable but this is returning emtry row data for one filter at a time and correct data for other filter on same time.
    Please suggest is this a bug or some permissions settings that is causing the proble in loading data with calling PmServer.GlobalServer.GetFilterDisplayData.
    Please note that I am using SharePoint server Farm with Server A and Server B.

Muhammad Adeel
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 3:28 PM

All replies

• Hello Muhammad Adeel,

I would suggest getting a ULS log of when the page is being rendered.  You can set this up in Central Administration and make sure to select Verbose as your logging type for PerformancePoint.  This should show if there is something going on.  Does the filters work independently from each other?  If you only have 1 of your filters on a dashboard, does it work all the time?

Thanks
    Heidi Tr - MSFT

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 4:02 PM
  • Hi Heidi, Thanks for your response.

I enabled the verbose for diagnostic logs but nothing seems wrong in detailed verbose logs or can you pls assist me to find out specific keyword in log to check.

The two filers are not connected and totally independent to each other but i dont know why this unpredictable behaviour is happening that if both filters are on one Dashboard page one works at a time and another do not work.

If I place only 1 filter on Dashboard the it always works without any issue.

Kindly suggest my what should i do

Thanks in advance.

Regards

adeel

Muhammad Adeel
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 6:14 PM
  • Do you have the filters in the same webpart or different webparts?  If they are in the same webpart, what happens if you put them in different webparts?  Do they work together?

Things I would look for in the ULS log is anythind around PerformancePoint.  If you use the ULS Viewer, you can filter by Critical or High to see if that shows you anything.  Also, if you note the time you ran the dashboard and reference that in your ULS log....what do you see going on?

Thanks
    Heidi Tr - MSFT

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, September 30, 2011 2:38 PM
  • Hi,

The filters are custom performance point 2010 filters developed using PPSSampleSDK and no i have nothing else web parts on this page.

seems like this is a bug that we need to report to Microsoft. As I also said that it is working perfectly locally on my development machine which is a single instance farm. But the problem is when i deploy the solution to client server  machine which is on Farm with two servers.

Regards

adeel

Muhammad Adeel

Sunday, October 2, 2011 3:51 PM
  • Hello,

If the issue only happens in a Farm environment, do you have any errors in your Event Log?  This could also shed some light on what is going on.  You will want to look on both SharePoint Servers in the Event Log.  Also, do you have PerformancePoint Services running on both servers within your farm?

Thanks
    Heidi Tr - MSFT

Monday, October 3, 2011 8:14 PM