Lync 2010 anonymous calling RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to place anonymous  PSTN calls using Lync 2010. The requirement is that some users should place PSTN calls without sending their calling number.

My idea was to create a voice policy where voice routes use SupressCallerID. When you set SupressCallerID to $true you have to set AlternateCallerId. But AlternateCallerId only accepts a phone number (match the regular expression (\+)?[1-9]\d*(;ext=[1-9]\d*)?). I need to send a caller ID anonymous@customer.tld which turns into "private number" representation at provider level. While I can place anonymous call using RGS with agent anonymity there is no chance to set this caller ID for group of users by default.

I have read a number of posts here but found no solution. Most people recomend using a gateway and manipulate the calling number there. The system is connected to a SIP trunk provider without SBC or gateway so no additional manipulation is available. Please help.

P.S. one collegue of mine suggested MSPL script to change the from address while an other collegue told me changing from address would break the SIP dialog. Maybe some experienced developer would explain if MSPL is a way to go or not.
    • Edited by willi.weikum Wednesday, October 31, 2012 3:22 PM
    Wednesday, October 31, 2012 3:19 PM

Answers

• The SIP trunk provider need to support that. Mostly this will blocked by default. 
    Basically you change the callerID from its original, so if you can hide the callerID you can basically dial out with 911 for example. 

The only way to do this for yourself, is using a PBX-Gateway. 
    The sip trunk provider can provide this for you, but you can't manage this by yourself.

We have the same situation, but then with our own PBX. We can change the callerID. But our SIP trunk provider need to change some things to support that. 

I guess you have a LYNC sip trunk? 

• Edited by K.smink Thursday, November 1, 2012 9:56 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Lisa.zheng Friday, November 2, 2012 1:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lisa.zheng Monday, November 5, 2012 12:18 PM
    Thursday, November 1, 2012 9:53 AM

All replies

• MSPL is the simplest way to go but you definitely have to be careful about breaking stuff. I have not seen this type of manipulation documented anywhere so you might be on your own. Does your SIP Trunking provider not provide this type of service. I'm sure they will charge but it might be worth checking.
    Wednesday, October 31, 2012 4:10 PM
  • What kind of Gateway do you use? I now that you can change the name if you use AudioCodes or Dialogic gateways.

Thank you.

Please “Vote As Helpful” and/or “Mark As Answer” if this post helped you.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 4:45 PM
  • I am afraid it is not possible to achieve this function in Lync server natively.  As ALANMAD posted, the SIP Trunking provide may provide this type of service.

• Edited by Lisa.zheng Thursday, November 1, 2012 9:38 AM
    Thursday, November 1, 2012 9:36 AM
  • The SIP trunk provider need to support that. Mostly this will blocked by default. 
    Basically you change the callerID from its original, so if you can hide the callerID you can basically dial out with 911 for example. 

The only way to do this for yourself, is using a PBX-Gateway. 
    The sip trunk provider can provide this for you, but you can't manage this by yourself.

We have the same situation, but then with our own PBX. We can change the callerID. But our SIP trunk provider need to change some things to support that. 

I guess you have a LYNC sip trunk? 

• Edited by K.smink Thursday, November 1, 2012 9:56 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Lisa.zheng Friday, November 2, 2012 1:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lisa.zheng Monday, November 5, 2012 12:18 PM
    Thursday, November 1, 2012 9:53 AM
  • consider leaving LineURI (msRTCSIP-Line AD attribute) for these users empty.
    this is their CallerID for outbound Lync calls.

and set for them msRTCSIP-PrivateLine with the DDI you would want to have in LineURI.
    private line works only for inbound calls, and there are some limitations (call-forwarding settings etc.)
    review http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg412728.aspx for more details
    Thursday, November 1, 2012 10:43 AM