power bi vs. power bi desktop RRS feed

• Question

• What is the difference between power BI and power desktop? 

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 9:26 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Power BI is the azure web Portal: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/

and Microsoft Power BI Desktop is the developer tool to create reports for Power BI.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 7:43 AM
  • Hi AlexMartini,

In addition to other posts,  I will the difference between them based on my understand. Power BI is an amazing business analytic service that enables anyone to visualize and analyze data. Power BI dashboards provide a 360-degree view for business users with their most important metrics in one place, updated in real time, and available on all of their devices.

You can
    access your data and reports by online Power BI,  Power BI Mobile apps or Power BI desktop and so on other tools. Power BI desktop is a tool you can install on your local computer.

If you have any more questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
    Angelia

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 9:19 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Power BI is the azure web Portal: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/

and Microsoft Power BI Desktop is the developer tool to create reports for Power BI.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 7:43 AM
  • Hi AlexMartini,

In addition to other posts,  I will the difference between them based on my understand. Power BI is an amazing business analytic service that enables anyone to visualize and analyze data. Power BI dashboards provide a 360-degree view for business users with their most important metrics in one place, updated in real time, and available on all of their devices.

You can
    access your data and reports by online Power BI,  Power BI Mobile apps or Power BI desktop and so on other tools. Power BI desktop is a tool you can install on your local computer.

If you have any more questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
    Angelia

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 9:19 AM