movie maker RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to make a movie, which I have done several times, but today, when I am so close to be done, it keeps crashing.  I checked the application error report and it says "application hang" and "application error". and a bunch of numbers...

can someone please help.  I have to have this done by tonight :(

thanks.

Friday, July 30, 2010 3:41 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I would like to confirm if this issue occurs on all the project or only this project? If the issue only occurs on this special project, it can be related to the files you imported.

You may update the display card driver, uninstall and reinstall the Codec software first.

If it does not work, please also test the issue in Clean Boot.

If the issue reoccurs in Clean Boot, You may also try to uninstall and reinstall Windows Live Movie Maker.

If the issue persist, would you please copy and paste the related event log in your reply for our further research?

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, August 2, 2010 4:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I would like to confirm if this issue occurs on all the project or only this project? If the issue only occurs on this special project, it can be related to the files you imported.

You may update the display card driver, uninstall and reinstall the Codec software first.

If it does not work, please also test the issue in Clean Boot.

If the issue reoccurs in Clean Boot, You may also try to uninstall and reinstall Windows Live Movie Maker.

If the issue persist, would you please copy and paste the related event log in your reply for our further research?

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, August 2, 2010 4:17 AM
  • I am having the same problem.  Movie Maker Live keeps crashing on all projects new or existing. I tried uninstalling, running windows update and then installing.  I have PSRs which I am happy to email you.

Thanks,

Jake

The program MovieMaker.exe version 15.4.3508.1109 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
     Process ID: 114c
     Start Time: 01cbc1ca2ccd1278
     Termination Time: 45
     Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Photo Gallery\MovieMaker.exe
     Report Id: 8070bb03-2dbd-11e0-8469-88ae1d92cfed

Event Id 1002

Level: Hang

Tuesday, February 1, 2011 5:07 AM
  • I found movie maker hangs when I try to save the movie, and the solution was to uninstall citrix receiver.
    Saturday, July 26, 2014 10:51 PM
  • I found movie maker hangs when I try to save the movie, and the solution was to uninstall citrix receiver.
    You are following a thread of 2010.I shall suggest you to create a new thread on your problem.Thanks.

S.Sengupta, Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP

Saturday, July 26, 2014 11:49 PM