none
0x87D01280 "Virtual application is currently in use" error when uninstall App-V Office 2013 in Software Center

Question

• Getting the above error message when attempting to uninstall Office 2013 App-V version (downloaded using ODT) in Software Center. There are no office 2013 or App-V processes showing as running in Task Manager. Nothing in event viewer to show what is running either. Any idea on what could be running and holding the uninstall from completing?
    Friday, December 27, 2013 12:57 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Run the following Powershell cmdl;et
    Get-AppVVirtualProcess

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Friday, December 27, 2013 10:20 AM
  • Thanks for sharing this command znack! I ran it, and saw explorer.exe (!) as the only running app-v process when office 2013 uninstall was failing, and funny enough, killing that process gets the uninstall to proceed. Though it failed afterwards with another error (0x87D0128F: The App-V sftmime command returns failure), and running the uninstall a third time got it to complete successfully

I wonder what's causing these uninstall issues. The install had went through just fine. The App-V package was downloaded using the Microsoft Office Deployment Toolkit, and no customizations of any kind were performed on it. The only thing is the machine has office 2007 (32 bit) installed ("physically", and not virtualized), but according to Technet that should not be a problem. App-V Office 2013 that I'm using is 32 bit as well, as the 64 bit version caused many issues with 2007, which makes me wonder to which extent is App-V Office really running in a bubble.

Friday, December 27, 2013 2:55 PM
  • Hello,

These issues are caused if the virtual package is used during the attempt to uninstall.

SFTMIME is a legacy command-line interface for App-V 4.6, not supported for usage with App-V 5 (which is the only version that supports Office 2013).

App-V 5.0 SP2 has introduced the ability to divert required actions to next logoff / reboot depending on publishing, if the package is in use.

See these articles;

http://www.applepie.se/app-v-5-0-sp2-and-pending-removal-update

http://blogs.technet.com/b/virtualvibes/archive/2013/12/03/pending-tasks-in-app-v-5-0-sp2.aspx

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Friday, December 27, 2013 5:51 PM