none
Creating a Project enterprise template RRS feed

• Question

• In Project Pro 2013 I'm linked to my Project Server 2013.  In Project Pro I want to create a template so that when I click on File, New and Enterprise I can see the list of templates. 

Many thanks

Andrew Binnz

Sunday, October 20, 2013 2:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Andrew,

once you create a template to be used for your future projects in project professional, go to file -> save as -> and change the type from drop down to template instead of project and save to server.

this will save this as enterprise project template. now you need to associate this template to EPT, so that the next time when you create project it will use this template. 

go to server settings -> Enterprise project type, open the EPT and scroll down to bottom where Project template is mentioned. you should now be able to see this newly save template in drop down. select the required template and save the EPT.

Now if you create project through PWA, it will use this template to create a schedule. And if you use Project professional to create a project, you need to choose the tmeplate from the enterprise templates list to create a project using template.

hope this helps.

Khurram Jamshed - MBA, PMP, MCTS, MCITP ( Blog, Twitter, Linkedin )
    If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.

Monday, October 21, 2013 7:21 AM
  • Khurram

Thanks for this but I can't save the template to the PS server site (in this case Project Online).  When I do (https://projectonlinedemoX.sharepoint.com/sites/pwa/default.aspx) it won't allow me it there.  Is this the correct place.

Many thanks

Andrew Binnz

Monday, October 21, 2013 4:00 PM
  • Hi Andrew,

You need to ensure that the security group you belong to have the permission "save enterprise template" and also "new project".

Then in MS Project Pro 2013, click file\save as\, select "template" in the "Type" drop down menu. Ensure that the required custom fields are all filled.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Monday, October 21, 2013 4:07 PM
  • D'oh... I can't believe it was staring me in the face.

Thanks for your help guys. 

Andrew Binnz

Thursday, October 24, 2013 6:01 PM
  • Hi Guillaume,

One follow-up question to this. From Project Pro can a user create a new project based off of an EPT? I have an EPT that has no project plan template associated with it.

Thanks,

Roland

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 2:44 PM
  • Hi Roland,

Projects created from MS Project Pro will use the default EPT defined in PWA/server settings which has no project template associated to. .

Thursday, September 4, 2014 2:12 AM
  • Ok that's what I thought. Thanks for confirming this!
    Thursday, September 4, 2014 2:57 AM