Application runs as a service but data seems to be misdirected. Server 2008 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• My application works great locally.  Server works great when a program called Viewer.exe*32 is handling the screens and data.  But when set up as a service, the Viewer program is replaced with StdSvc.exe and I get the screens (via Port 80) but the data (via Port 1234) always arrives as zeros at the client.  The software company is stumpped.  They suggese I reinstall in the root directory because by having been installed in a VM directory "user/actual directory" as the E: drive, the service just sends the data to a bit bucket at about 3Mbytes per second.  (I got that from VM Ware monitor).

I am so close to making this finally work it's not funny. 

Server Manager says I only have 4 of 41 features installed.  My training has been one help page after another but I'm momentarily stuck.  Maybe I don't care where the data is going or where it has been, but I'd like it to show back up to the service so I could send it on its merry way to the client.

Any suggestions?

JustJoe

Thursday, June 4, 2015 4:29 PM

Answers

• Never mind.  The problem was a little check box that had to be checked on the application.  It was a box that allowed a guest user to start the application.  In local mode, it promped the user but defaulted to guest.  As a service, there was no one to prompt so the rule back fired!

Huh, didn't see that one comming!

• Marked as answer by Vivian_Wang Friday, June 19, 2015 2:37 AM
    Thursday, June 4, 2015 6:48 PM

All replies

• Never mind.  The problem was a little check box that had to be checked on the application.  It was a box that allowed a guest user to start the application.  In local mode, it promped the user but defaulted to guest.  As a service, there was no one to prompt so the rule back fired!

Huh, didn't see that one comming!

• Marked as answer by Vivian_Wang Friday, June 19, 2015 2:37 AM
    Thursday, June 4, 2015 6:48 PM
  • Hi,

It seems like you have found the the cause of the issue, right?

Regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, June 9, 2015 8:40 AM