none
Remote Assistance acceptance prompt not showing up on other PC. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I work within a small business and have a few computers that are not located on the main campus.  We use Remote assistance to access these computers if we have an issue.  The problem is that if I try to connect to them through RA, it will connect to the PC and attempt to connect to the PC.  Normally, at that point, a prompt will appear on the user's PC that will either allow or decline giving me connection to the machine.  This prompt will not show up for the users.  What could be the possible issue.  I have remote assistance turn on on the users computer, and the firewall allows for connection like this to go through.

Tuesday, April 2, 2019 9:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If it is AD domain user credential, please open AD Users and Computers, open the account’s Properties and select to Remote control tab, make sure that option “Require user’s permission” is selected.

Besides, please check group policy “Set rules for remote control of Remote Desktop Services user sessions”:
    computer configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Remote Desktop Services\Remote Desktop Session Host\Connections

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 9:17 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 11, 2019 2:13 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Monday, April 15, 2019 2:03 AM