Reg Utilities key problems RRS feed

• Question

• Where do I find the REG Utilites key to fix program installation and removal problems?

Thursday, August 11, 2016 10:32 PM

All replies

• Where do I find the REG Utilites key to fix program installation and removal problems?

Saf6918

I don’t quite understand what you are trying to achieve, but here are a few suggestions regarding installing and uninstalling programs:

1. To remove a program that stubbornly refuses to be uninstalled via Control Panel > Classic View > Programs and Features, try these:
    A. It sometimes works to install it again, then uninstall it.
    B. Download the free version of GeekUninstaller, here http://www.geekuninstaller.com/download

Click on it to extract it to the Desktop. It doesn’t need installing as the executable is portable and can also be run from a USB device. Run the tool to list all the installed programs. Click on program name to highlight it and select Action from the top > Uninstall and follow the prompts.

If Uninstall fails, open the Action menu again and use the ‘Force Removal’ option.

C. Another free uninstaller is Revo Uninstaller here http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

2. To remove unwanted registry entries for programs that have been uninstalled, open a Run window (Windows Logo key+R), type regedit, press Enter and in the left pane navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion.

In the left pane, expand the subkey Uninstall and scroll down to find the unwanted entry then right-click and delete it. To ensure you delete the correct entry, check the name in the right pane. DisplayName contains the name that is listed in Programs and Features and UninstallString contains the name of the program (including the full path) that is normally used to do the uninstall. This is the major registry key, there will be others which can be searched for (F3) and deleted.

Ninety-nine per cent of politicians behave badly and give the rest a bad name!

Friday, August 12, 2016 7:46 AM