none
HIS 2004 SP1 convert from SNADLC to IP-DLC but got eventid 533, 543 and 102 RRS feed

• Question

• The system is Windows 2003 Server. Originally installed with HIS2004

Migrated from SNADLC to IPDLC.

Got eventid 533, 543 and 102 after application testing

Installed HIS2004SP1 and configured virtual routing nodes

But still got the same error after SP1 installed.

Any idea ?

I didn't have the same problem with HIS2009 on W2K8 with IPDLC conversion but the application is different between the two systems.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 2:12 PM

Answers

• The problem was resolved by a change of ILU on the mainframe. The Host Network Engineer had the following to say:

"The ILU (Independent Logical Unit) has a hardcoded definition in VTAM and in this definition we code the Adjacent Link Station (ALS) that this ILU will communicate via.  In the past this has been the Dependent PU e.g. PN0641 in the case of the Development server.  With the conversion to EE the ALS now becomes the Link Service name that is configured in  the HIS server e.g. PN0641LS. 

When the HIS 2009 servers were converted to EE there was an intermittent issue whereby the ILU couldn’t connect to the mainframe.  Eventually I found that the ALS that the server was trying to use was the Link Service name but there was an ‘#’ in the first byte instead of the usual ‘P’.  An issue was raised with Microsoft but they came back and said everything was OK.  I then removed the hardcoded definition from VTAM and let the ILU be dynamically defined by VTAM which then worked and there have not been any issues since.

So, with the Development server I have removed the hardcoded ILU definition in VTAM and let it be dynamically defined.  This has fixed the issue where the ILU couldn’t connect to the mainframe."

• Marked as answer by Peter M Lee Thursday, April 19, 2012 12:00 AM
    Thursday, April 19, 2012 12:00 AM

All replies

• The first idea would be that there is a configuration problem on  the HIS 2004 Server. Did you set things up so that the IP-DLC link service has its own PU definition on the host side?

Normally, the 533 and 543 are configuration problems or they occur because the LUs that HIS is trying to use cannot be located in the APPN network.

We would need more details in order to provide a more detailed response. The details of the event messages would help.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 2:52 PM
  • Error Eventid 533:

Locate search failed: LU not found

Sense code = 0x08400007

Origin CP name = AUCBA001.PN0641LS

Origin LU name = AUCBA001.UN0641I1

Destination LU name = AUCBA001.DVE8CICS

Cause:

A network search for which this node was the originator or the network node server failed to locate the target LU. This may be caused by the target LU name being incorrect, the target system being inoperative, or by link errors in the backbone of the network. Note that this message could be logged during normal node shutdown.

Effect:

Session activation will fail with the specified sense code.

Action:

If the target LU name is correct, check that the system the LU is defined on is active. If the system is active, check the topology of the network (using the QUERY_NN_TOPOLOGY_* verbs) to ensure that the target system (or its network node server) is reachable from this node.

Error Eventid 543:

Unable to identify or activate the next hop of an ISR session

Sense code = 0x08400007

FQPCID = AUCBA001.PN0641LS:c09b03ac 907f8458

Primary LU name = AUCBA001.UN0641I1

Secondary LU name = AUCBA001.DVE8CICS

BIND RU :

31001307 b0b050b1 3fbf8585 bf3f0602

00000000 00000016 23000011 c1e4c3c2

c1f0f0f1 4be4d5f0 f6f4f1c9 f1330009

02e2d5c1 e2e5c3d4 c70903f0 00000000

00000612 04c1e4c3 c2c1f0f0 f14be4d5

f0f6f4f1 c9f10a13 00673fba 10bf6629

160011c1 e4c3c2c1 f0f0f14b c4e5c5f8

c3c9c3e2

Cause:

Unable to identify or activate the next hop of an ISR session.

Effect:

ISR session activation will fail with the specified sense code.

Action:

This log is preceded by other logs giving more specific reasons for the failure. Follow the actions given in those logs.

Error Eventid 102:

(102) Transaction Integrator reported the following exception to the client:

Component: hKMC001.IKMC001.1

Method: KMC004

Exception description:

(1406) The Transaction Integrator LU 6.2 transport failed to allocate a conversation. Verify that host LU DVE8CICS is active, and that the Remote Environment specifies the SNA mode expected by the host. Retry the operation.

EXPLANATION

An Automation exception representing an error condition was returned to a Transaction Integrator client. The description shown above contains more information about the exception that was reported.

ACTION

The exception may be caused by communication problems or errors in your host application. See the exception description for corrective actions.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 11:47 PM
  • From the details of the first two events, it would appear that the problem is related to locating AUCBA001.DVE8CICS in the APPN network.

Is this remote APPC LU being used by any other HIS Servers successfully?

Is the working HIS 2009 Server connecting to the same APPN network? Are both systmes connecting to the same Network Node Servers (NNS)?

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 2:45 PM
  • The problem was resolved by a change of ILU on the mainframe. The Host Network Engineer had the following to say:

"The ILU (Independent Logical Unit) has a hardcoded definition in VTAM and in this definition we code the Adjacent Link Station (ALS) that this ILU will communicate via.  In the past this has been the Dependent PU e.g. PN0641 in the case of the Development server.  With the conversion to EE the ALS now becomes the Link Service name that is configured in  the HIS server e.g. PN0641LS. 

When the HIS 2009 servers were converted to EE there was an intermittent issue whereby the ILU couldn’t connect to the mainframe.  Eventually I found that the ALS that the server was trying to use was the Link Service name but there was an ‘#’ in the first byte instead of the usual ‘P’.  An issue was raised with Microsoft but they came back and said everything was OK.  I then removed the hardcoded definition from VTAM and let the ILU be dynamically defined by VTAM which then worked and there have not been any issues since.

So, with the Development server I have removed the hardcoded ILU definition in VTAM and let it be dynamically defined.  This has fixed the issue where the ILU couldn’t connect to the mainframe."

• Marked as answer by Peter M Lee Thursday, April 19, 2012 12:00 AM
    Thursday, April 19, 2012 12:00 AM