Windows Mobile-based device failed to connect RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am receiving the following error message when connecting my window mobile 5 device PPC6700 to Windows Vista via USB using Windows Mobile Device Manager. I have turned Windows Firewall off on all access levels Doman, local, public... etc.

Please help I have been fighting this for the last two weeks and am at my wits end.

Windows Mobile-based device failed to connect due to communication (0x80072745) failure (see data for  failure code).

<Provider Name="RapiMgr" />

<EventID Qualifiers="49152">8</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2007-07-04T14:41:38.000Z" />

<EventRecordID>11970</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

Wednesday, July 4, 2007 2:53 PM

All replies

• Were you able to fix this? I've got the same problem. I think the error started when I updated my phone ROM, but I could be wrong.
    Wednesday, July 11, 2007 3:58 AM
  • Had this exact error too; I had installed the WMDC 6.1 update without uninstalling the previous WMDC installation.  Try the following to see if it clears up your problem:

1) Make sure your Windows Mobile device is unplugged from your system during the next four steps.

2) Uninstall your previous Windows Mobile Device Center/Windows Mobile Device Center Driver Update installations

3) Reboot

4) Reinstall WMDC 6.1 from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/devicecenter.mspx. Wait for all device driver installation dialogs have stopped appearing (which can/will continue after the WMDC 6.1 installation has completed)

5) Plug in your Windows Mobile device and wait until all device driver installation dialogs/balloon popops signal they are completed.  WMDC should now let you create a new partnership.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 9:43 AM
  • I am having the exact same problem and reinstall of WMDC 6.1 does not fix it. It seems to be a known issue with no resolution at this point in time.

Here is another related thread.  http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsmobileactivesync/thread/28b19d9e-ba28-4c14-97d0-126fbef19c05/?ffpr=0
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 9:10 PM
  • OK here is a possible solution...

I had exactly the same problem - sync'd fine for ages then suddenly stopped & threw an error halfway through a sync...  Reboot PC / Mobile, no change. Mobile not seen either on BT or USB connections (but PC chimed when connected on USB)... Anyway I uninstalled the 'Microsoft bluetooth enumerator' last night. This morning I'm trying to sync using USB when I see an 'unknown device' in device manager.  I reinstall the drivers for the device (the MS Bluetooth enumerator) and immediately the PC finds the phone on USB & Starts syncing to it...  I see no logical reason why the BT device should affect USB connection but hey this is MS after all....

David
    (PS - Vista PC, WM5 XDA mobile)

David
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 8:46 AM