Inter trunk routing and unassigned numbers - still a problem? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a Lync 2013 infrastructure with a SIP trunk to PSTN (through audiocodes gateways), everuthing is fine so far.

My problem is that I need to add a second SIP trunk to connect a new contact center product. Indeed I need to set a PSTN Usage to my PSTN access SIP trunk to tell him where to route the conctact center DDIs (if I understand clearly).

• If I configure a PSTN Usage on the trunk, my configured unassigned numbers stop working (call loop)
    • If I don't configure a PSTN Usage I can't reach the contact center from the PSTN

What to do then? Has this problem been solved with SFB ? Do you have any advice ?

Please help !

Monday, October 17, 2016 1:35 PM

Answers

• Not fixed.

If you set up your CC as a new PSTN Gateway for Lync to route to it, is sounds like it's not directly integrated with Lync.  If this is the case, why not simply have AudioCodes route to it for specific numbers?

PSTN ==> Audiocodes ==> New CC : OK

PSTN ==> Audiocodes ==> Lync : OK

PSTN ==> Audiocodes ==> Lync ==> unassigned numbers : OK

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by David Teneau Tuesday, October 18, 2016 7:19 AM
    Monday, October 17, 2016 7:09 PM

All replies

• Deleted
    Monday, October 17, 2016 1:53 PM
  • Hi Shankar,

Thank you for you answer!

What do you mean by "Add New PSTN Gateway (New CC) in Lync Topology and Create necessary dial pattern and voice Route" ? I don't understand how it could help, can you detail please ?

Monday, October 17, 2016 2:16 PM
  • Deleted
    Monday, October 17, 2016 2:42 PM
  • Hi,

I have already configured the new CC as PSTN gateway, that is not the problem (and it works). Problem is with reaching the new CC from the PSTN :

PSTN ==> Audiocodes ==> Lync ==> New CC : KO

Of course if I configure the right PSTN usage on the Audiocode trunk it will work perfectly. But as soon as I set the PSTN usage on the SIP trunk the unsassigned umbers get unreachable :

PSTN ==> Audiocodes ==> Lync ==> New CC : OK

PSTN ==> Audiocodes ==> Lync ==> unassigned numbers : KO

Just as described here : http://www.pei.com/2015/09/pstn-to-lync-2013-unassigned-number-fails/

I was wondering, as this article is old, if Microsoft finally fixed this problem on SFB 2015or not. I can't find any official information on it.

Monday, October 17, 2016 3:01 PM
  • Not fixed.

If you set up your CC as a new PSTN Gateway for Lync to route to it, is sounds like it's not directly integrated with Lync.  If this is the case, why not simply have AudioCodes route to it for specific numbers?

PSTN ==> Audiocodes ==> New CC : OK

PSTN ==> Audiocodes ==> Lync : OK

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by David Teneau Tuesday, October 18, 2016 7:19 AM
    Monday, October 17, 2016 7:09 PM
  • Ok, I will  go this way then.

Thank you for all your answers

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 7:19 AM
  • Ok, I will  go this way then.

Thank you for all your answers

Note : It is amazing that Microsoft still did not fix this issue, this makes inter-trunk routing unusable !
    Tuesday, October 18, 2016 7:25 AM