none
How to Integrate my software with Microsoft traditional AD or Azure AD

Question

• Hello,

Everyone,

We are developing a infrastructure monitoring product for Azure/AWS Cloud .Now we are looking to add AD integration to our product/software i need suggestions how can we integrate AD with our product/software.

In our product/software we have an option of creating new users but we want how can we integrate these users with our organization AD.

Any Suggestions will be greatly appreciated on this.

Thanks in Advance 

suresh guntha

Sunday, February 5, 2017 3:27 AM

Answers

• In our product/software we have an option of creating new users but we want how can we integrate these users with our organization AD.

It depends on the language which you are using to develope your software. But as a note, in order to make it AD aware, it needs to understand 'Distinguished Name' which is part of LDAP. So your first priority would be to integrate LDAP within your application. 

For example if you are using C# and would like to create a user in AD using your application, you can use System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement and start calling methods to create users. If this will be a website, once you run it via IIS and use integrated authentication, it will ease up the process too. I suggest to ask directly in a forum related to your programming language.

Mahdi Tehrani   |     |   www.mahditehrani.ir
    Please click on Propose As Answer or to mark this post as and helpful for other people.
    This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sunday, February 5, 2017 3:56 AM

All replies

• In our product/software we have an option of creating new users but we want how can we integrate these users with our organization AD.

It depends on the language which you are using to develope your software. But as a note, in order to make it AD aware, it needs to understand 'Distinguished Name' which is part of LDAP. So your first priority would be to integrate LDAP within your application. 

For example if you are using C# and would like to create a user in AD using your application, you can use System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement and start calling methods to create users. If this will be a website, once you run it via IIS and use integrated authentication, it will ease up the process too. I suggest to ask directly in a forum related to your programming language.

Mahdi Tehrani   |     |   www.mahditehrani.ir
    Please click on Propose As Answer or to mark this post as and helpful for other people.
    This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sunday, February 5, 2017 3:56 AM
  • Hi,
    I agree with Mahdi that it might depends on your product/software and ask directly in a forum related to your programming language.
    Alternatively, you could open up a case with Microsoft Technical Support to see if they could offer remote support regarding your detail product/software.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/?ws=support
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, February 6, 2017 9:16 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, February 10, 2017 8:29 AM