Windows 2008 R2 X64 w/ SP1 roles error RRS feed

• Question

• I have executed the system readiness tool and listed below are the results:

Any help will be appreciated: This is a fresh install with all updates current on the server. Has joined a Windows 2003 R2 domain, and have Hyper -v and termianl server isntalled.

=================================
    Checking System Update Readiness.
    Binary Version 6.1.7601.21645
    Package Version 15.0
    2012-07-27 15:21

Checking Windows Servicing Packages

Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs

Checking Package Watchlist

Checking Component Watchlist

Checking Packages

Checking Component Store

Summary:
    Seconds executed: 181
     No errors detected

Monday, July 30, 2012 1:14 PM

Answers

• Hello,

The title suggests that you have got some Server Role installation problems? Please provide more information e.g. the Server Role you would like to install and the installation error received. Also, check the Event Setup Logs, there should be some Setup error logs generated by ServerMaanger. Please post the un-edited log for analysis.

BTW, besides System Update Readiness Tool, have you also run SFC /scannow command to scan the system? CBS.log may tell us more. If none of the above help, I would run In-place upgrade to repair the Windows.

Thanks
    Zhang

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 2:41 AM

All replies

• What problems are there?

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 12:21 AM
  • Hello,

The title suggests that you have got some Server Role installation problems? Please provide more information e.g. the Server Role you would like to install and the installation error received. Also, check the Event Setup Logs, there should be some Setup error logs generated by ServerMaanger. Please post the un-edited log for analysis.

BTW, besides System Update Readiness Tool, have you also run SFC /scannow command to scan the system? CBS.log may tell us more. If none of the above help, I would run In-place upgrade to repair the Windows.

Thanks
    Zhang

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 2:41 AM