none
Cannot Install Office 2007 (missing OutlookMUI.msi file)

Question

• Hi,

I am trying to install Office 2007 Enterprise on a Windows 7 Professional computer and I am getting this message: missing OutlookMUI.msi file. Tried installing it from XP mode, tried deleting all files from the old Vista installation, point the Office 2007 installer to where the OutlookMUI.msi file is in the installation folder, tried installing it from the C drive, tried installing it from the desktop, and none of them work.

Any suggestion to solve this problem?

Thanks.

Friday, June 04, 2010 7:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Firstly, I suggest you  try to manually uninstall Office 2007 by using Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.

Download and install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/9/D/E9D80355-7AB4-45B8-80E8-983A48D5E1BD/msicuu2.exe   

After you install the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility, click Start  -> All Programs -> Windows Install Clean Up.

Highlight Microsoft Office 2007 entry in the list and then click Remove

Secondly, click Start, in the Search box, type "%Temp%" (without the quotation marks) and press Enter.

If you are using Windows XP, click Start  -> Run, type "%Temp%" (without the quotation marks) and press Enter.

Empty the Temp folder.

Then try to install office 2007 again.

• Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Wednesday, June 09, 2010 3:23 AM
    Monday, June 07, 2010 6:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Firstly, I suggest you  try to manually uninstall Office 2007 by using Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.

Download and install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/9/D/E9D80355-7AB4-45B8-80E8-983A48D5E1BD/msicuu2.exe   

After you install the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility, click Start  -> All Programs -> Windows Install Clean Up.

Highlight Microsoft Office 2007 entry in the list and then click Remove

Secondly, click Start, in the Search box, type "%Temp%" (without the quotation marks) and press Enter.

If you are using Windows XP, click Start  -> Run, type "%Temp%" (without the quotation marks) and press Enter.

Empty the Temp folder.

Then try to install office 2007 again.

• Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Wednesday, June 09, 2010 3:23 AM
    Monday, June 07, 2010 6:39 AM
  • Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for the suggestion. Installed and ran the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility but Office 2007 does not appear in the list of programs to clean up. Also, cleaned up the temp folder. Tried the installation again and I got the same message/problem.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks.

Fernando

Thursday, June 10, 2010 2:13 AM