none
MS Project 2013 Standard Calendar RRS feed

• Question

• All, am not able to understand why my Standard (Base Calendar) is showing Working Time as being ONLY from 8AM-12PM (and not 8-12 and 1-5). I am not using any copies of standard calendar, nor are there any exceptions in place other than on the dates entered below.

But tasks I create as 1 day do show 8AM to 5PM in Gantt chart view. Please advise!

Monday, December 5, 2016 3:21 AM

Answers

• ritam2001 --

Please try the following:

1. Open a project or create a new blank project.
    2. Click Project > Change Working Time.
    3. In the Change Working Time dialog, select any working day (M - F) in the calendar grid at the top of the dialog.
    4. In the upper right corner of the dialog, if you only see 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM listed for that date, then you are seeing a bug and you should ignore what you see.
    5. Click the Work Weeks tab in the bottom of the dialog.
    6. Select the [Default] item in the data grid and then click the Details button.
    7. In the Details dialog, select any working day (M - F) and you should see that the schedule is 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM and 1:00 - 5:00 PM, as desired.

Please let us know what happens when you try these steps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, December 5, 2016 9:47 PM
  • This topic has come up before.

In your version of MSP you may be seeing 08:00 - 12:00 only instead of this (MSP2010), even though if you check work weeks and test the start and finish time of a sample task it isn't so.

This has been more or less confirmed to be a bug, so just ignore and work around (and wait for a fix).

Monday, December 5, 2016 10:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Where are you exactly looking at the working week hours? Can you provide screenshots? Does it show 8-12 for all days?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Monday, December 5, 2016 8:15 AM
  • Hi Guillame, it is not letting me post an image as it says "account needs to be verified." Not sure if that is in process or how to do that. But yes, for all tasks. I am looking at "Change Working Time" dialog box and calendar being used is Standard (Base) calendar.
    Monday, December 5, 2016 5:38 PM
  • ritam2001 --

Please try the following:

1. Open a project or create a new blank project.
    2. Click Project > Change Working Time.
    3. In the Change Working Time dialog, select any working day (M - F) in the calendar grid at the top of the dialog.
    4. In the upper right corner of the dialog, if you only see 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM listed for that date, then you are seeing a bug and you should ignore what you see.
    5. Click the Work Weeks tab in the bottom of the dialog.
    6. Select the [Default] item in the data grid and then click the Details button.
    7. In the Details dialog, select any working day (M - F) and you should see that the schedule is 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM and 1:00 - 5:00 PM, as desired.

Please let us know what happens when you try these steps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, December 5, 2016 9:47 PM
  • This topic has come up before.

In your version of MSP you may be seeing 08:00 - 12:00 only instead of this (MSP2010), even though if you check work weeks and test the start and finish time of a sample task it isn't so.

This has been more or less confirmed to be a bug, so just ignore and work around (and wait for a fix).

Monday, December 5, 2016 10:40 PM
  • Dale and Trevor, thanks for confirming. I had a suspicion of some kind of bug given I had never strayed from the standard calendar.The pink circle above is exactly where I was seeing only 8-12.

Strange thing though - today I opened up my project and its back to displaying 8-12 and 1-5! So must only be a "intermittent bug" at that.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 2:33 AM