none
Can project manager (project web app sync) permissions be modified? RRS feed

• Question

• All,

Can the 'project manager (project web app sync)' group permissions be modified?  Everytime I try and modify the permissions of this group at the root PWA level, they revert back to a default set of permissions almost instantly.

Background is that I'm trying to remove the following permissions from PMs...I mean why on earth would you want them messing about the pages in the first place!  AmIright?!  :)

-Add and Customize Pages  -  Add, change, or delete HTML pages or Web Part Pages, and edit the Web site using a Microsoft SharePoint Foundation-compatible editor. 
    -Apply Themes and Borders  -  Apply a theme or borders to the entire Web site. 
    -Apply Style Sheets  -  Apply a style sheet (.CSS file) to the Web site. 

Is this is possible, how do you do it?

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, November 24, 2016 10:23 PM

Answers

• While I understand your need, you cannot modify this group and have it stick - as you have seen.

this group is controlled by Project Server and will overwrite any changes you make on the SharePoint side.

I would recommend you approach from an "obscurity by obfuscation" approach and by training the users to "not do that" in PWA/SharePoint sites.

wish there was more we could do.

Hope that helps,

Thanks, Eric S. Pcubed

Sunday, January 8, 2017 12:34 AM