none
Change Cipher for a receive connector??

Question

• We are part of a big secure email network, where each site has receive connectors setup to receive emails from the main site in a secure fashion.  The big site is in the process of moving from 128 to 256, so each site has to generate/install new SSL certs and at the same time we are installing new intermediate certs.

I am having issues with one of my sites where the Cipher is only doing 128SHA (see below), but other sites I manage are doing DHE-RSA-AES265-SHA.

The main site keeps telling me its an issue with my SSL certs but I have been looking through the list of certs on the server over and over again and I cannot find any of the old certs still lingering around.  

I know very little about Cipher/SSL certs aside from how to configure them for services..etc, however as I look into this I am starting to think that perhaps this is an issue with Windows and not Exchange or the SSL cert.  

Could it just be a matter of enabling the cipher in Windows (see reference link below)

ref: https://www.howtogeek.com/221080/how-to-update-your-windows-server-cipher-suite-for-better-security/

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 5:56 PM

Answers

All replies